It just took Burna Boy a couple of years to accomplish what a large portion of his counterparts couldn’t accomplish in such a significant number of years. He raged the music business in 2010 and in the long run worked his way to the top following two years, cutting a specialty for himself as one of Nigeria’s quick rising star to look out for.
The artist may not be as well known as Fela Kuti or King Sunny Ade yet he sure has for all intents and purposes all that it takes to become extraordinary like these men of greatness. Burna Boy has the voice, ability, aptitudes, magnetism, and a vanquishing soul that has driven them through numerous obstacles in the business.
I surmise you truly need to find out about this quick rising whiz and his music profession. You’ll discover every one of the realities you have to think about Burna Boy in this article.
Burna Boy’s Biography
Burna Boy, conceived Damini Ogulu, landed into the world on July 2, 1991, in Ahoada, Port Harcourt. He was destined to Nigerian parents Mr. & Mrs. Ogulu, who brought him up in Ahoada and later moved to Lagos State, where the entertainer finished his fundamental education. As indicated by records, Burna Boy went to Montessori International School, from where he moved to Corona, Agbara, Lagos, for his secondary school education. Be that as it may, it isn’t known to general society on the off chance that he had a college degree or not.
Burna Boy is yet to uncover an elaborate data about his family foundation, the names of his kins, and other fundamental subtleties that are important to his fans and the world.
Music Career & Accomplishments
In his brief period on the amplifier, the artist has figured out how to pull effective African vocalists like AKA, Leriq, and Sarkodie to the studio to work with him. This accomplishment alone earned him commends inside and past the stimulation network.
As referenced before, the Afrofusion musician propelled his profession in 2010. He dropped his first record titled: “Shobeedo (Freestyle)” in 2011, which was pursued instantly by “Burn Notice” and “Born Identity”. The next year, unequivocally on may 31, 2012, the artist discharged another single titled: “Like To Party” and in this way its video on September 5, 2012, to the energy of numerous music sweethearts.
“Like to Party” music video, which ran for 4 minutes and 9 seconds and shot by Squareball Media services, until this point in time, is considered as Burna Boy’s breakout melody/video, as it assumed critical roles in pushing him into massive popularity crosswise over Nigeria and past.
The Afropop vocalist additionally flaunts another single hit titled “Tonight”, which was discharged on September 24, 2012, and later supported up with its music video. The music video for “Tonight” was discharged on December 13, 2012, and highlighted the vocalist’s inborn sentiments and genuine feelings.
Burna Boy’s presentation studio collection is titled: L.I.F.E – Leaving an Impact for Eternity. it was discharged on August 12, 2013, by Aristokrat Records. His other melodic credits incorporate “Redemption (EP)” (2016), “On a Spaceship” (2015), “Outside” (2018) and “African Giant” (2019)
Burna Boy has a supposed child mother called Uju Stella Johnson, who called him out in May 2016 on Instagram for deserting her and their infant after she got pregnant for him. Stella additionally blamed him for assaulting a young lady in the United Kingdom and abandoning his trial process. Accordingly, the vocalist confessed to laying down with her once however rubbished cases that he got her pregnant for him. At present, Burna Boy isn’t hitched at this point neither does he have offspring of his own.
Other Facts About Burna Boy
- The artist finished the year 2013 with nomination and two awards. He won the Best Pop award for his melody “Like to Party” at the South-South Music Awards Best Pop and the Best New Act of the Year at the Nigerian Entertainment Award for himself. He was named for Next Rated at the 2013 Headies yet didn’t win the honor.
- Burna Boy’s 2014 was a fabulous one as it brought him four fortunate nominations and one honor. The artist won the Best New Act for himself at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards while his single Don Gorgon was named for the Best R&B Single just as the Best R&B/Pop Album. Additionally, his collection, L.I.F.E – Leaving an Impact for Eternity, was named for the Album Of The Year and Hip Hop World Revelation of the Year at the 2014 Headies.
- The artist/entertainer/vocalist’s L.I.F.E collection in the end won the Best Album of the Year at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards held in 2015 while Burna Boy was assigned the Best Pop Artist of the Year at the time occasion.
- The Reggae dancehall entertainer has additionally showed up in around two films titled: Deja vu and P.A.I.D. The previous was discharged in 2015 and was coordinated by Sesan while the last was discharged in 2017 and was coordinated by Clarence Peters.
- 2019 has been the best year yet for the super talented Afrofusion artist with so many recognitions worldwide, sold out shows and to crown it all a Grammy Nomination in the “Best World Music Album” Category.
Culled From: BuzzNigeria Updated By: CityMusicHQ